Welcome to the Grantsville D.U.P. Museum
Located about a block west of the popular Donner-Reed Museum, the Grantsville Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum at 378 W. Clark St., is the newest repository of antiquities in Tooele County, Utah. Opened in June 2012, the museum is located inside the historic J. Reuben Clark Home. Museum visitors will find an emphasis on Grantsville, Erda and Pine Canyon histories. Exhibits include Grantsville and Ibapah pioneer Hilda Erickson; the early settlements of Erda and Pine Canyon; the Grantsville Opera House; and J. Reuben Clark. The crown jewel artifact is one of the original projectors from the Grantsville Opera House. Born and raised in Grantsville, J. Reuben Clark (1871-1961) led a distinguished law, civil and church career. He served in several governmental posts, including Ambassador to Mexico, and was in the first presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The museum is open Fridays and Saturdays noon to 4 p.m. from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Scheduled tours for individuals and groups are available year-round by appointment only. For more information and scheduled tours, call 435-840-1585.
How to get here: The museum is located at 378 W. Clark St. in Grantsville. From Main Street, turn north onto North Cooley and proceed for one block to Clark Street. Turn left onto Clark Street and proceed west for nearly one block. The museum is on the right.